Structure, agency, and the internal conversation /
Cambridge, UK ; New York :
Cambridge University Press,
Table of Contents:
- Introduction: how does structure influence agency?
- Solitude and Society:
- The private life of the social subject
- From introspection to internal conversation: an unfinished journey in three stages
- Reclaiming the internal conversation
- The process of mediation between structure and agency
- Modes of Reflexivity and Stances Towards Society:
- Communicative reflexives
- Autonomous reflexives
- Fractured reflexives
- Conclusion: personal powers and social powers.