Researching and applying metaphor /
Cambridge University Press,
|Series:||The Cambridge applied linguistics series
Table of Contents:
- Operationalising 'metaphor' for applied linguistic research / Lynne Cameron
- Researching metaphor / Raymond W. Gibbs, Jr.
- Validating metaphor research projects / Graham Low
- Getting your sources right : what Aristotle did'nt say / James Edwin Mahon
- Metaphor and discourse : towards a linguistic checklist for metaphor analysis / Gerard Steen
- Identifying and describing metaphor in spoken discourse data / Lynne Cameron
- Who framed SLA research? : problem framing and metaphoric accounts of the SLA research process / David Block
- Bridges to learning : metaphors of teaching, learning and language / Martin Cortazzi and Lixian Jin
- Corpus-based research into metaphor / Alice Deignan
- "Captain of my own ship" : metaphor and the discourse of chronic illness / Richard Gwyn
- "This paper thinks ..." : investigating the acceptability of the metaphor An essay is a person / Graham Low
- When is a dead rainbow not like a dead rainbow? : a context-sensitive method for investigating differences between metaphor and simile / Zazie Todd and David D. Clarke.